Last weekend I had the pleasure of trying Bacon Cheese soup at a restaurant off the lake in Wisconsin. While the service was awful the soup was DELICIOUS so I set off to see if I could hunt up a recipe to make it at home.
I had a bit of trouble finding a recipe (most were bacon potato cheese soups) I was finally able to find one to try! Hoping to make this yummy soup for Sunday's dinner! I'll report on the final results!
Bacon Cheese Soup
|Photo Credit: Mom's With Crockpots|
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspon dry mustard powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon white wine Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded American cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp over medium heat, turning frequently. Remove bacon to paper towels to drain, crumble and set aside.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons of drippings from saucepan.
- Add butter to saucepan along with carrots and onion.
- Cook over medium hear for 3-4 minutes until crisp and tender, stirring frequently.
- Add flour, mustard, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook until bubbly, about 2-3 minutes
- Add both kinds of milk and cook until soup has thickened a bit, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Stir in crumbled bacon and serve.