Prep: 1 hr
Chill: 15 mins
- 1 12 milliliter package semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 10 ounce jar maraschino cherries with stems, drained and patted dry
- 36 milk chocolate kisses with stripes
- Sliced almonds
- Place chocolate pieces in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 1 minute or until chocolate is melted, stirring twice.
- Hold cherries by the stem and dip, one at a time, in melted chocolate to coat.
- Place coated cherries on a large baking sheet. Immediately press the flat bottom of a kiss up against the cherry (forming mouse head).
- Insert two almond slices between head and body to form ears.
- Use a toothpick dipped in remaining melted chocolate to make eyes. If you like, dot some of the melted chocolate on tip of kiss for nose. (Or, place remaining melted chocolate in a resealable plastic bag; seal. Snip off a very small piece of one corner and pipe on eyes and nose).
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator and let chill for 15 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Use a small flat metal spatula or table knife to help remove mice from baking sheet.
- Store mice in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Makes about 36 mice.