Makes 8 Servings.
Recipe from: HERE
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 5 cups low sodium vegetable broth or 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 lb fresh green beans, stemmed and cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 (16 ounce) can cannelloni beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered and chopped
- 1 cup raw small shell pasta
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery and cook for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables begin to soften. Add the garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add the tomatoes, vegetable or chicken broth and herbs, bring to a boil and turn down to a simmer. Add the green and cannelloni beans and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and pasta and simmer for 10 minutes, or until all of the vegetables are tender and the pasta is al dente. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the soup in large bowls with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
Today I got to hang out with my aunt and make home made Minestrone soup! I was in the mood to make a hearty soup that Gregory and I would both eat (I'm a bit of a picky eater!) After talking to my Aunt Maggie who was also excited to make the soup we decided to make a day of it. The picture about was under a 12 severing recipe so we could split it up but it smelled & tasted amazing! I also got to see my best friend, maid of honor & partner in beauty Jacquelyn Marie who brought me LOTS of goodies from a beauty show she went to that day. I'll blog more about that later but I wanted to share today's soup cause it came out so wonderful!