So I ended up mixing up my days on this week's meal plan and ended up making Sunday's dinner Saturday night, which ended up really working out for me because we decided to venture to the zoo and spent most of the day out. Coming home worn out from a long & fun day knowing dinner was just a scoop into a bowl away from being done was an amazing feeling! Not to mention it tasted pretty freaking delicious!
Not to mention I used my Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners like I always do (well since my Mom introduced me to them!) to make clean up just as easy!
You literally put the bag in (and its big enough to fit up to 6.5 quart pots!) fill up your ingredients and cook! The bags have never melted or torn on us!
And once dinner was finished all I had to do was lift the bag up, pour the leftovers into a tupperware, toss the bag into the garbage and take a damp sponge to the inside of the crock pot to wipe away some residual condensation from cooking all day!
Now for the recipe:
- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef
- 1 cup - onion, diced (1 medium/large size)
- 14-1/2 oz can Red Gold diced tomatoes with Roasted Garlic and Onions
- 2 cups - green peppers and/or red peppers, chopped (I just used 2 green peppers)
- 15 oz can Red Gold tomato sauce
- 3 cups - beef broth
- ½ teaspoon - dried basil
- ½ teaspoon - dried oregano
- 1 cup rice
- Brown your beef with your onion in a skillet over medium heat.
- Drain your beef and onions and place in your slow cooker.
- Add your Red Gold tomatoes (juice and all) and the rest of your ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.